Table of Contents
All you must know about NEET 2022
To begin with, the ‘entrance exam’ is a test conducted for selecting the students and recruiting them in the colleges based on their scores.
In order to be selected, a certain cut-off percentage has to be passed.
Most of us have been a part of the rat race of competitive exams. Various types of exams are-
•JEE (Mains and Advanced)
and so many more.
Out of these, medical exams such as NEET and AIIMS are considered one of the most difficult exams. NEET is conducted to select the students for private and government medical, dental, homeopathic, ayurvedic medicine and veterinary colleges.
NEET stands for ‘National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.’
Colleges all over India come under NEET. NEET-UG is an undergraduate exam and NEET-PG is for post-graduate candidates.
The exam conducting body-
National Testing Agency
Type of Exam-
All India Level
Mode of application-
Online or offline
Mode of exam-
Eligibility of NEET Exam 2022-
Candidates should have passed 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology as subjects other than additional subjects.
The student should have completed 17 years of age.
NRIs, OCI and PIO can also give the exam under a set of rules as governed by the authorities.
Qualifying marks should also be obtained with vary according to the category.
The pattern of Exam about NEET 2022-
The exam consists of multiple-choice questions.
180 questions are given, divided into different sections for physics, chemistry and biology (botany and zoology).
All four sections consist of 45 questions each.
Each question carries 4 marks and there is also negative marking for wrongly answered questions. It means 4 marks are given for each correct answer and 1 mark is cut forever wrong answer.
Unattempted questions are given no marks.
Cut off Percentile about NEET 2022-
Cut-off marks usually change every year.
Percentile is 50th for unreserved category.
For reserved categories, it is 40th percentile.
Important Information about NEET 2022-
– Application should be submitted within the given dates along with payment of fees.
– Candidate should carry the following documents with them-
• Print out of Neet admit card
• Valid ID proof
• Passport size photographs (same as on application)
– Follow the dress code properly
Tips related to study-
– Practice as many questions as possible
– Try to memorize shortcut formulae instead of spending too much time on one question
– Try not to give more than 2-3 minutes to one question
– Give yourself breaks as well instead of straining your mind too much
– Clear doubts and let teachers guide you
– Believe in yourself
The article is written by: Keerat Anand for information purposes.